Friday, June 25, 2010

We've got a plan.... and I like it!

Well we met with the RE yesterday. He did an internal ultrasound and I got to see the cysts on my ovaries, that was kind of weird. But he said everything else looked fine. He wants me to start femara during my next cycle. This is to cause egg sacs to mature in my ovaries (called follicles) then around the 10-12 day of my cycle I'll go in to the office and have an ultrasound done to see if any of the follicles matured to the size we need. If they did, 2 days later I'll give myself the ovidrel shot, which is supposed to force the egg to drop (basically a guarantee of ovulation instead of waiting to see if it happened). Then he'll give us a time frame on when we should try. So its all really precise and detailed, which I like, takes a little bit of the pressure off. I'm really excited, this is actually what I wanted him to do (this is what my friend at work did).

He did tell me my progesterone level from last month, it was a 4. My first one was only a 1 and they want it to be at least a 10, so the metformin is helping, but we're not there yet. He wants me to stay on the metformin as well, but said I don’t have to do bloodwork again unless I really want to. And I think I'll pass on getting pricked several times and have a black and blue arm! So it's good news, now we just have to wait for AF to show up again, since I'm currently in the middle of my cycle its gonna be a long 2 weeks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment