Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Ch-ch-ch-changes!!

Monday I went for my follicle check ultrasound. My RE said things looked good, one follie on the right side measured 18mm, I apparently had a good one on the left side too, but he didn't measure that one. As he was explaining the timing of my shot and TI, he stopped and said "Would you want to do an IUI this cycle?" I was caught a bit of guard, I hadn't expected to move to that so quickly, but I guess since my insurance will cover it he figured it would be worth a shot. When he first walked in the room he had said, "Let's make this your month" which of course made me happy, but then I started to think that him brining up IUI was a sign that we should go for it. Now I just had to get Steven on board.

When Steven got home I told him we had some decisions to make. I could tell right away that he really didn't want to do the IUI, he wanted to keep trying the natural (TI) way. And part of me is on the same page as him, I don't want to do the IUI either. But our RE said that it would increase our chances of success, so as soon as I heard that I was on board. I'm very impatient and if it means I'll get to meet my baby sooner rather than later then I'm on board. Steven said he feels bad saying that we should keep trying the natural way when I'm on all of these meds and having to give myself a shot once a month. It sounded like he was 60% on board. I think he feels like his manhood is being taken away.

He's still in training at the FD and leaves for work at 7am. The Drs office doesnt open until 8:30am and they have to have the specimen sample within an hour of deposit. So I told him lets leave it up to the office, if they can work around our schedule then maybe we're meant to do the IUI this time, if they can't then we're meant to continue naturally. He sounded ok with that. So I called the next morning and they said that the lab opens at 7am so I could drop the specimen off then and then have the IUI at 8:30. So I set the appt up, picked up his specimen container and let him know what was going on.

I've very nervous, part of me feels like we should have tried the natural way longer, but the other part tells me "but what if that still didn't work and we wasted all of that time for nothing." It's a hard decision that I hoped we would never have to make, I almost wish the RE hadn't brought it up. But if we end up with a BFP this month, then I'll take it all back!

No comments:

Post a Comment