Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Our new journey...

My dear, sweet husband and I decided it was time to add a new member to our family. We had originally planned on waiting until the early fall, but I got baby fever bad around April and persuasively argued to Steven that we should start trying. I went to the doctor in April to get a check up and make sure everything was ok. From October to April I only had 3 periods so I was a bit concerned. My doctor is extremely sweet and didn't say she was concerned but wanted me to have blood drawn to get a better idea of what was going on. May 1st, (my birthday of all days) I went to the hospital to have bloodwork done. Six vials of blood later (I'm not afraid of needles, but when she pulled out 6 bottles I thought to myself "Are you freaking kidding me? That seems excessive!") I was on my way. Waiting for the results sucked, I am beyond impatient.

Last Thursday I got the results. I've been diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS). In short, this causes me to have trouble ovulating. So my Dr. put me a on a drug called Metformin. I hope this will kick my ovaries into gear and I'll start ovulating. Unfortunately the drug has some not so fun side effects so they start you at 500mg and work up to the full dose of 1500mg. Note to everyone: side effects not fun! I'm willing to put up with them b/c no matter how bad they get it I know the end result is so worth it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment